Wednesday, January 7

On our own we failed (or, on the same theme)




On our own we failed
We saw the beautiful and we destroyed it
On our own we were so unskilled.

We ripped apart oceans of grace and found a wasteland inside us.

I have been on the path of sorrow
A long and dry path.
But it has brought me from death to joy.
Graceless as I am
Untalented as I am
Unskilled as I am
On the path of sorrow

Through swamps of grief
And over mountains of pain.
I am getting past my dying self
And into a life.

I leave the grace of natural paradise,
And through the bareness of loosing everything
I get to a place where I am not alone.
Perhaps one day, grace will visit me again.

Perhaps one day, the sun will rise and I will lean against the shade of a tree

Though bareness and dryness are yet better than fleeting color.
When I wasn’t willing to give everything up, God took it away from me.
And that is the biggest act of love I ever have seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment