Monday, April 15

the grapes


I need I desire I want I am.
God, can anyone love but You?
Can anyone keep me but You?
Can anyone support me but You?
Will anyone love me but You?

God, if I do not hope in You, if I do not desire You, if I do not hope for an ideal, I die a boring death. I die a total death. I am depleted of life.
Life is only a communion with the Good and nothing more.
Nothing else.
Life is only hope in You.

Otherwise I die a total death, a mundane death. I am in hell and my soul laments to no end. Without hope, there is only a burning fire that never ends. Without the Good, there is only the deepest coldest darkness; a darkness so cold that it burns like a fire and the two are no different.

Without You, God, I cannot lament loudly enough.
That is the truth.

I need to be. I need to be.
And only Your love creates me.

I don’t think anyone can hear me but You
I don’t think anyone can see me but You
I don’t think anyone can fill the gap in the center of my heart and my soul, but You.

I don’t think an ocean can fit my tears if you didn’t stop them with Your comfort.

I don’t think I would have any tears to cry as I dried up and shriveled away, if it hadn’t been for Your Beauty, upon which I can look, and become hydrated.

I will shrivel up like a dried fig if you turn Your gaze from me. Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.

Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart is brought very low. I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land.

Hear me speedily, O Lord: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.

Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment