Tuesday, December 11

marble tiles


Sin is like boulders and stones that lie on me.
On top of me
As I lie, flat, pressed to the ground.

Each time God lifts a sin
I feel more free
I feel more light
My heart rejoices
I am more free
I pray, that one day, I will stand up.

May I see every sin
May I know every one of my offenses
So that I can repent.
So that I can turn away, walk away from it, be rid of it
be free
be released from its grip
be cleansed from the death it brings
be released from its chains.

May I not waste a moment
Not a single moment
not a second of a second
of this life,
not seeing my sin, not rejecting it, not being freed.

As fast as I can
May I run as fast as I can
And take the shortest route
And stop for nothing.
Run like a flash.
Linger for nothing behind.
Be freed. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Thalia
    I really liked this poem; I think it's one of your best and it genuinely moved me, encouraged me and made me feel nostalgia for another time in my life.

    As it is I feel quite crushed by recent sinfulness. I wish that it was easier to want to distance myself from these temptations, but I think after that stage it is often easier.Or so I hope, but sometimes distancing from sin is complicated by having to distance oneself from passions that surround it some of which are not sinful but about wanting to be appreciated by others.

    Anyway, enough rambling. I thought this was very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete