Monday, October 1

about writing


Do you know why I write?
I write because words lay heavy on my soul.
I write because my soul holds tightly on to words,
And it doesn’t let them go.
It doesn’t relax, until I find the right place to put them.
I hold them in my heart, like a tiger holds her babies in her mouth, until I find a place to put them down.
I must write them to preserve them
I must write them so that they are not lost, and with them, I am not lost.
If all these words were lost, all these words of my heart, if they were not said or written, if they were not remembered, or somehow kept,
I would be lost with them.

May be the right place to put them is with people. The right place to say them is into that other heart of which they are true.
But people don’t communicate
I live in hell
Each person is alone and we do not communicate
The strain on my being is immense
And it must thus be that I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment