Saturday, May 19

The cryings of a baby (or maybe a love letter)


Let us speak about this again
about what he said
about what I said.
about that morning sunlight in Greece, in the summer.
that tint that makes love and tears sweet,
that air, that day

Let us speak of that again.
of those moments of love, of purity
where the sky is open and the world is whole.
that space, that peace and life,
when I stood across from you and saw you.
that moment
that open space
that moment wrapped in time,
hidden behind other moments,
standing out of sight, behind trees and lampposts.

I have not told you anything in this poem
I am not giving you anything from my private world.
But look:
If you stop, if you listen,
If you come forward,
If you listen with your stomach,
And feel with your heart, then it is clear.
I have opened for you a window and you can look in.
You can smell, and you can know.
All of my love.

In the deepest part of me: I am peaceful and I am humbled.
Because I stand in awe: of a love and of a light of which I know not how to speak to you.
Stillness, in the deepest part of me, is the only way I know how to be,
How to say: I love you.

So let us say something more about this again.
All of this passion, all of this urge,
This cloud that takes over our minds and our senses,
Like a wave, like a tide;
It is nothing.
It is not love, it is nothing.
And may it always be taken away from me,
Always. Until I know how, and until I am capable,
of letting it go myself.
This noise, it is not love.

I know, because in my deepest heart I have the God of Joy,
And the light, that morning summer light of love.

My words say nothing!
My words say nothing but I keep trying to write to you.
I keep trying to say:
Reader, know me.
Stop and love, stand in awe in the light of God and hear me past my words.
I know nothing, I just swim in an ocean.
I will never stop writing to you.
I will keep trying.

Hear the sound.
Feel the light!
It is such ecstasy and utter joy.

I have never been known by a human being, but I'll keep trying.
Make your hearts pure for you will hear the music.
You will see the universe as it is.

My reader, read past my words.
There is a music in all the rocks
The sound of beauty
You can hear it too, I know.   

No comments:

Post a Comment