Wednesday, December 7

I am in an ocean of sin


I have been false myself
Fake, unreliable

I took men’s hearts, I ate them, then I got up and ran without paying
Like as Italians do when they come to the Greek islands
And they laugh as they run down the pebbled streets, and they feel proud of pulling off this cheat and being cleverer than the restaurant people. But actually it isn’t funny.

My falseness was vast, like an ocean
My fakeness runs deep, like the sea.

Whom can I judge and whom can I accuse when my own wound is so big that the whole place stinks?
I don’t judge you people, I warn you
I tell you, I have a noose around my neck
It is at the end of a chain
Every person I have yet hurt
Every time I was fake
Is a loop holding me down.
Every sin I have is like a rock in my stomach and I cannot digest it.
Every time I get too high, the hands of those I have cheated grasp at my clothes.
I cannot fly I am not free
Every one who has tasted my falseness is a voice in my ear.

You, and you, I see your face. Still. And always I will. You make me humble

Friend, if you can hear me, only the Good can set you free. Only rising to a standard beyond ones self can make man as he should be.
I am chained to the floor,
And as made of soil, I sink into the dust.
But look beyond that mountain,
There is a light!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment