Saturday, November 5

I like

(a note to Brian)




I like the sun’s light,
and winter frost,
and everything.

I like everything when it is good,
And when it is in God’s service.
But I don’t like anything for its own sake.

I enjoy music so very much.
But joy has its place,
and its place is not everywhere.

I like truth.
I love to seek it.
I love to know it.
I love to know. 
I like to look at Truth in the face.
I like to bask in Its Light.
I like to learn.
I like to know.

I like it that when I am wrong (and I am often wrong),
I feel an itch that won’t go away.
I like it that my mind won’t rest
and it won’t sleep
until I am right.

I dream.
I like to dream
of a good world.

I like to dream of a Good moment,
at every moment.
And I like to stick my fingers in this reality
and to organize it,
and to rename it,
and to remake it,
and to remold it,
and to make it good,
like the Good that is in my heart and appeases it.

I like to read Plato
and I like to be in company with Socrates.
Likewise, I like to read all people who were good
And who loved communion and who cared.
I like to read them, because I feel the warmth of their love, across time, across the pages – and it feeds my brain.

I like to lift my face to the sky.
I like to look at other people who lived with righteousness,
Because their beauty makes me laugh and be glad
And their scent in the air makes me happy.

I like the Truth and everything that is in Its service.

As beautiful as nature is,
as satisfying as beauty is,
as exciting as music is,
as ecstatic as colors are,
they are all only as holy as the Holy Spirit that flows in them, and gives them life.

I like life!
I like the sun’s light,
I like the winter frost.
I like the leaves at fall,
the hard soil at winter,
and the smell of joy in spring.
I like light in all its natural shades.


I like hope and peace

I like communication and friendship,
pomegranates and love.
I like to write.

I like it that you have put this dictionary onto my laptop and that it is useful.
I like the good, the efficient, the real, the genuine.
I like to concentrate.

I like it that there is no ceiling and that the world is large enough.
And greatness is infinite enough.
That death is restricted, and that life is possible.

I like it that I can write.


And don't forget the joy of dancing!
You know Brian, I am sure, that this list is not comprehensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment