Tuesday, March 22

wounded men

11.02.2011

Wounded men are everywhere
Their hearts are made of mud.
They don’t take their wounds with courage
They don’t heal.
They strike back, at you, if you stand close enough.

Wounded men, you cannot heal if you do not want to.
You won't find relief, 
or joy
if it be not the utmost thing you want.
You cannot really have a woman if you cannot love her.
You cannot have me if you do not love me.
And the sad thing is then
That nor can I have you.

Wounded soldiers, you have given up.
You have changed sides.
The enemy left you alive, but only because wounded you would fight against the home front.
Men with your hearts made of mud, you have abandoned us at war.
You have let us down.

It’s a shame
It’s a shame
It’s a shame

There was love in your heart and light in your mind
But you hold the key to both
And your guard dog is angry.

What ought I to do?
Ought I to stay here and fight
Perhaps to bury the dead amongst you?
Or do I cover my face once more, and walk on amongst this land infested
And live to tell your story to a better day?

No comments:

Post a Comment