Wednesday, March 16

An old, pointless piece of writing

or,
Another Complaint that Tells Something about Me, but Nothing about the World


or,
an ode to my heart




23.09.08


Are you living with the man you love?
Because I am not.
When cold winds came we sought shelter separately, and left each other to manage alone.
and then
Time,
and The World came in and sat between us.


I lost him amongst the corpses and the ruins that populate this earth
and which keep us living apart for decades on end,
by breathing their lies into our ears and guiding us falsely
to that NOWHERE;
where one despairs and spits blood.


But for all my faults and willingness to entertain substance-less figures,
my heart never betrayed me or my love.
I imposed on it,
asking it to accept other men and situations which I fancied.
I insulted it,
for its stubbornness.
And I tired it,
with endless attempts to stuff it.


But my heart nevertheless stayed true to its core.
In its silent resistance
and forceful dismissal of what was not true,
it pulled me out of pits.


For this I am grateful
and because of this I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment