Friday, February 25

a political piece

Two lovers, one black and one white.
We lay in each other's arms, in a bed
by a window, in a room full of books,
lovingly,
in a room on a high floor of a tall building


We lay there whilst the city's law enforcement didn't know that we were there
together. 
But we knew that they would soon find out,
and come in,
and take us apart.


The scenario I wanted was that we would make love tenderly despite it all
and that when they would come
we would be in defiance.
When they would come to separate us
for being black
and for being white,
we would have been loving one another.


But he turned from me in indifference.
He lay on his back.
He knew, we both knew, that they would come sooner
or later
So he turned from me in indifference,
and waited at a distance
untenderly, 
not making love.


So I wrote about that
about the distance between us as we lay in the same bed
about the sorrow i felt
about the harshness
of him turning on his back
laying in indifference.
About the paperclip that pierced my heart. 

And so my poem,
Everyone thought that it was just another love poem!
Alas! Not one person saw that I had tried
to write
a political
piece!



25.02.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment