Saturday, January 22

stones on the beach

22.01.11


I won’t be waiting.
The same moon that shone in ancient times
when Socrates was young;
that shone on us when we walked across the park
that saw what we felt;
That same moon that shone, resting its gown on the sea water when I sat on the beach looking at the open world
in front of me;
the same moon will shine.

but our unity has ended.
and a new love begins.

Time is a brick wall
You can’t push or pull
You can’t make what we had any bigger than it was
nor any smaller.

I wont be waiting
But I am glad for what we had.
And it won’t go away.
It won’t evolve or dissolve.
But the rest of me will.
The past is carved in stone
but in life we are alive
Reality now is more than some shapes in stone.

Stones on the beach, the sun strikes you
the sea’s water washes over you
But the people come and go   

1 comment: