Friday, December 10

When a lover leaves

None of the things you think when a lover leaves you are true

None of those truths you feel so surely are true

 

it’s not a crying out shame that he left

it’s not to his obvious detriment that he didn’t love you

it’s not because he is deluded now, but the truth of your Love will come back one day and strike him

hammer him on the head,

stab him in the heart

make his other lovers pale into Indifferent

 

the only thing that I know was true is the pain

the very real pain that I felt

the needles in my heart that made me cry a river

the heavy metal door that slammed shut

that shut out all of my previous life

everything I had known and earned before I knew him

all of my comforts

 

the door that shut for ever and left me standing exposed alone in the cold windy Scottish rain.

 

How glad I am now

How grown I am now

How liberated I am now

How free

How happy

Now that I have lost everything and made it again with nothing.

 

How warm the heat of the fire

How colorful the smell of the wood

How filling my soup

No comments:

Post a Comment