Tuesday, December 14

Kindness



Kindness
How grand a goddess
How strong a knight
How clean you make the heart
What a good sense of style you have,
And
Oh! How well you arrange the furniture in my soul

Kindness, you make love possible
For people whom I couldn’t reach without you no matter how I stretched

Kindness, you make happiness possible
How you let me share the space with people whom I could not accept by myself because I am dry, and hurt.

Oh kindness, how when one dares to reach for you
You pull them up
And let them cry tears of joy.
That rain that washes out our hearts.

Oh kindness! You know that I want to love him but that I don’t know how to
And I want to save him from lovelessness
I want to stamp on the crawlies that crawl up his legs
And you let me.
You show me how

You take my message across the space
That I cannot take there without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment